The International Wheat Yield Partnership (IWYP).
RAGT is part of the International Wheat Yield Partnership (IWYP). This is a long-term collaborative effort that aims to utilise novel research breakthroughs and state-of-the art technologies to significantly increase the genetic yield potential of wheat by up to 50% in 20 years. IWYP is a public-private partnership supporting scientific research that is innovative and high risk, but if successful will substantially boost global wheat productivity and contribute to meeting rising global demand.
Discoveries from IWYP research will be delivered into wheat varieties through CIMMYT, a global leader in public sector wheat breeding, and through partnerships with private sector breeding companies, such as RAGT, to deliver research to the market place.
IWYP is specifically targeting research on:
- New genetic variation that increases carbon fixation into biomass and transfer of this into grain yield.
- Optimising wheat development and growth.
- Utilising discoveries coming from other species.
- Developing improved wheat lines for deployment to plant breeding programs globally.
- Technology development for wheat.
More information about IWYP can be found at: www.iwyp.org